Let this serve as an official Disclosure Policy:
- I make money on some products and services I discuss on this website through affiliate relationships with the merchants in question and get a small commission on sales of those products. The vast majority of this comes from amazon.com links. I personally shop on amazon.com for nearly everything from toothpaste to laptops—as do many people I know—and sharing these links enables my readers to pickup the same or similar items as conveniently as possible. The amount of money I make on these affiliate links will most likely buy me a sandwich every month unless someone decides to buy 100 MacBooks on a whim.
- I have not been paid to review any products or services on Movable Me. Part of the appeal of this blog (I hope) is my transparent happiness, or lack thereof, with the product—not the fact someone paid me to write an article. I don’t foresee my stance on this matter changing in the near or distant future.
- I do not even get the products and services I review or discuss for free. At this juncture I’m only sharing tips and advice with readers—any products or services mentioned were purchased from my own funds due to a business, travel, or other need/want.
- I will very occasionally contact the website of a product or service after I write and publish the post. My reasoning is more for the potential for added publicity and visitors to my site if the website in question links to my article. I will only do this in instances where I review something from a smaller start-up business that might like knowing someone took the time to write about their product.
- For the purposes of full disclosure, any income generated from this site outside of the meager affiliate revenue will be in the form of occasional ads from a relevant 3rd-party (i.e. a small sidebar ad or newsletter sponsor), or utilizing my reader base for something like an e-book or subscription service in the future. All ads will derive from personal relationships—in other words, I will not use Google Ads or other forms of generic, intrusive advertisements. There are no hidden agendas or sneaky forms of revenue generation occurring here.